Resources: Criterion 4.
The institution can continue to accomplish its purposes and strengthen its educational effectiveness.
In determining appropriate patterns of evidence for this criterion, the Commission considers evidence such as: a current resource base--financial, physical, and human--that positions the institution for the future;
- decision-making processes with tested capability of
responding effectively to anticipated and unanticipated challenges to the institution;
- structured assessment processes that are continuous, that involve a variety of institutional constituencies, and that provide meaningful and useful information to the planning processes as well as to students, faculty, and administration;
- plans as well as ongoing, effective planning processes necessary to the institution's continuance;
- clear identification of how the institution can strengthen
its educational programs;
- resources organized and allocated to support its plans for strengthening both the institution and its programs.