Chapter 1: Introduction to Graduate Research and Thesis Writing
Section 1.5: Important information from the Office of Graduate Studies
Subsection 1.5.1 Checklist for thesis documentation procedure
- File a Proposed Supervisory Committee form at the Office of Graduate Studies and Research before initiating the thesis at least
one semester prior to your anticipated graduation date (See Subsection 5.2.2).
- If appropriate, obtain approval from the IRB (Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects in Research) or
the IACUC (Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee) prior to initiating the study. To determine if approval is needed contact
the chair of the appropriate committee.
- Establish with your Supervisory Committee a date when the first draft of the thesis is due.
- Make arrangements for the oral/written defense of the thesis with your Supervisory Committee.
- Be sure that your thesis advisor files a signed Report of Committee on Thesis Examination form with the Office of Graduate Studies
- Deliver one original copy and four additional copies of the thesis, and any desired personal copies in individual protective
envelopes, labeled with your name, to the Office of Graduate Studies and Research for final approval at least two weeks prior to
commencement. You will pay the thesis binding fee in the Office of Graduate Studies and Research at this time. At the same time, you
should submit the PDF file of your thesis to ProQuest CSA's UMI Dissertation Publishing.
17 Jan 2008