Industrial Technology Major
Industrial Technology Applied Science Comprehensive
Bachelor of Science
This major requires completion and transfer of a qualified Associate of Applied Science Degree.
of Business and Technology Graduation Requirements must be fulfilled.
- General Studies Program Hours = 45
General Studies coursework required by major = 46
- Foundational Core (Written, Math, Oral, Democracy) = 12 including:
- ITEC 290GS, Communicating Through Technology - 3 hours
- Portal = 3
- Distribution = 28
- Aesthetics minimum = 3
- Humanities minimum = 6
- Social Sciences minimum = 6
- Natural Sciences minimum = 7
- Analytical and Quantitative Thought minimum = 6
- Wellness minimum = 0
- Capstone = 3
- BS Science-related course requirements = 0
- Major Option = 62
- Minimum total hours required coursework = 108
- Unrestricted electives in 120 hour program = 12
- Minimum total hours required for BS in Industrial Technology Applied Science Comprehensive = 120
- All UNK degrees require a minimum of 120 hours. Forty (40) of the hours required for all UNK degrees
must be upper division hours, which are courses numbered 300 or above taken at a 4-year college or university.
Students must earn a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA in the core courses, including any emphasis areas
- Transfer Core (22 hours required from a qualified AAS degree)
- Approved transfer majors include:
- Advanced Manufacturing Design Technology AAS (Central Community College)
- Drafting and Design Technology AAS (Central Community College)
- Professional Core Requirements (24 hours required)
- Take all of the following:
- ITEC 308, Industrial Management - 3 hours
- ITEC 408, Leadership in Business and Technology - 3 hours
- SFED 425, Ergonomics - 3 hours
- SFED 435, Occupational Safety and Health - 3 hours
- SFED 460, Organization and Administration of Safety Programs - 1 hour
- Must take concurrently with SFED 461 or SFED 462.
- SFED 478, Behavior Based Safety Systems - 3 hours
- Take 1 course from:
- Must take concurrently with SFED 460.
- SFED 461, Supervision of Industrial Safety Programs - 2 hours
- SFED 462, Supervision of Construction Safety Programs - 2 hours
- Take 2 courses from:
- MGT 314, Operations and Supply Management - 3 hours (Prereq: MGT 233)
- MGT 330, International Management - 3 hours
- MGT 355, Organizational Behavior - 3 hours
- MGT 400, Entrepreneurship - 3 hours
- MGT 415, Quality Management Concepts & Practice - 3 hours (Prereq: MGT 314)
- MKT 300, Principles of Marketing - 3 hours
- Tailored Option (16 hours required)
- Take 16 hours of 300/400 level courses approved by the Department Chair following consultation between the student and the academic advisor. ITEC 475 cannot
be used to meet this requirement. A rationale must be provided to the Chair for the selection of courses. 12 of the 16 hours must be ITEC or SFED courses.
Courses are to be selected during the first year of declaring the major.
29 Apr 2014