2014-2015 Undergraduate Catalog


The typical procedure for appealing a final grade involves the following individuals:

  1. The Instructor
  2. The Department Chairperson
  3. The College Dean or EPC**
  4. The Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs

** Some colleges require that grade appeals be made to their Educational Policy Committee.
Students wishing to appeal a final grade should inquire with the Dean's Office of the College in which the grade was issued.

If a student feels the grade he/she received in a class is incorrect, he/she must initiate contact with the instructor of record or in the absence of the instructor, with the appropriate department chair, within 30 days of the end of the term for which the grade was assigned. Failure to notify the instructor/department of record within the allotted time will render the initial grade final and no changes will be permitted.

13 Mar 2009