College of Natural and Social Sciences
Go directly to:
- To provide a general foundation in the various content areas of the field of Psychology;
- to provide suitable preparation in methodology for students planning to attend graduate school;
- to provide a sound basis for enhanced understanding of self and others;
- to prepare students for careers in human service areas and high school teaching;
- to support other departments by offering courses applicable to other majors and minors.
For departmental assessment purposes, all students will be required to complete a
comprehensive examination in Psychology during their final semester.
Four options are available in this major:
- Psychology Option - Bachelor of Arts Degree
or Psychology Option - Bachelor of Science Degree
- Psychology Comprehensive Option - Bachelor of Science Degree
- Psychobiology Comprehensive Option - Bachelor of Science Degree
- Psychology 7-12 Teaching Subject Endorsement Option - Bachelor of Arts in
or Psychology 7-12 Teaching Subject Endorsement Option
- Bachelor of Science in Education Degree
A minor in Psychology or Gerontology
is available for students pursuing majors in other disciplines.
Courses with the prefix PSY are offered by the department.
28 Apr 2009