General Studies Information
GENERAL STUDIES COURSES
3 hours required; a maximum of 6 hours count as General Studies credit.
The courses in this category are designed to develop and demonstrate the following abilities:
- Articulate the relevance of the Aesthetics course to their general education.
- Explain the significance of a work of art within its context (i.e. cultural, historical).
- Identify the structure of a work of art by describing its elements.
- Interpret a work of art using concepts appropriate to its medium.
- Distinguish between works of art from various time periods and cultures.
- ART 100GS, Art Structure - 3 hours
- ART 120GS, Art Appreciation - 3 hours
- DANC 122GS, Dance Appreciation - 3 hours
- MUS 100GS, Music Appreciation - 3 hours
- MUS 101GS, American Musical Theatre - 3 hours
- MUS 106GS, Introduction to Jazz and Blues - 3 hours
- MUS 107GS, Introduction to Rock and Blues - 3 hours
- MUS 159GS, Piano Fundamentals - 2 hours
- MUS 347GS, Music History and Literature I - 3 hours
- MUS 348GS, Music History and Literature II - 3 hours
- THEA 120GS, Introduction to Theatre - 3 hours
- THEA 121GS, Completing the Look: The Art of Costuming - 3 hours
30 Apr 2012