- Application for a degree must be made either through the Student's MyBLUE account or at the Office of Student Records and
- Students must have all degree requirements completed prior to participating in a commencement ceremony.
- A student planning to graduate in December must make application no later than September 15; one planning to graduate in May
must make application no later than February 1; and one planning to graduate at the end of the summer session must make application
no later than June 15.
- Students applying on or before the above deadlines will be assessed a $25 Graduation Fee. Applications received after the
above dates and until October 7 for Fall commencement, February 15 for Spring commencement and June 30 for summer will be
assessed a $40 Graduation Fee. Students wishing to apply for graduation after the second deadline must appeal to a review board
consisting of the Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs and the College Dean.
- All incomplete grades and all academic obligations outside of the term's work must be resolved prior to the date of graduation
or other arrangements must be approved by the Office of Student Records and Registration to allow the student to continue with
the graduation process. A student must be enrolled in all remaining course work required for the degree in order to be considered
for graduation. If all degree requirements are not completed by the anticipated graduation date, then the student must re-apply
and again pay the $25 fee in order to graduate.
- All financial and procedural obligations to the institution must be met in order for the degree to be awarded. Students with
outstanding requirements will be notified of such holds and the degree will not be granted until the obligations are cleared.
Students who fail to resolve all obligations will be removed from graduation and must reapply for a future graduation date.
- Participation in Commencement and/or receipt of the diploma DO NOT indicate that a degree has been granted. Only after final
grades for the semester have been processed and reviewed and compliance with all academic regulations has been determined, will
the actual degree be posted to a student's transcript. The transcript is the official record of the awarding of a degree.
20 Apr 2011