BACHELOR OF ARTS DEGREE
- All General Studies and general
graduation requirements must be met.
- Foreign Languages
- Complete two intermediate or upper
level college courses or equivalent competency in a foreign language.
- Students who are admitted to UNK with the Core Requirement of 2 units in the same foreign language
completed in a U.S. high school and provide a copy of their high school transcript to their faculty advisor
and the Registrar's Office, may choose to meet this language requirement by completing two introductory
courses at UNK (100 and 101, 10 hours) in a single language different than the one taken in high school.
Students entering UNK without completing the Core Requirement in high school are not eligible for this option.
- International students, whose native language is not English, may complete six credit hours of
English Literature coursework in lieu of the Foreign Languages requirement.
- Major Program
- Students must complete a Degree Plan that consists of the following:
- A major program consisting of 30-36 hours and a minor program consisting of 18-24 hours.
Duplication of coursework between the two is limited to eight (8) credit hours.
- A major program consisting of 30-36 hours and a second major of 30-36 hours.
Duplicaton of couse work between the two is limited to eight (8) credit hours.*
- *Students with multiple majors must select this option.
Each additional major beyond the first two is limited to eight (8) hours of duplication
with the original degree plan. Students with multiple educational endorsements must meet
the requirements of each endorsement without regard to duplication.
- Addtional minors beyond the Degree Plan described above will be allowed contingent upon the following:
- If the additional minor(s) is(are) from a department in the Degree Plan, the additional minor(s)
must have twelve (12) credit hours of unduplicated coursework.
- For minor(s) from departments different from those in the Degree Plan, there is no limit of duplication.
- For the purpose of this rule, all business departments will be considered a single department.
- Specific program requirements and major-minor requirements are detailed in the Departments and Programs of Study section in this catalog.
Students should consult their advisors and/or department chairs.
29 Jan 2014