University of Nebraska at Kearney
College of Natural and Social Sciences
1994-96 UNK Undergraduate Catalog
Health Science Programs
- R. David Clark, Director
- Go to Health Science Comprehensive Major.
To give guidance and counseling regarding requirements for UNK Health Science Degrees and for admission to health-related professional schools and clinical specialty programs.
Pre-Health Science Programs in:
Although many UNK students are admitted to these clinical programs, competition for the limited number of openings is keen, and admission is not automatically assured by successful completion of the pre-clinical courses. For additional information, contact the Office of Health-Related Education Programs, Bruner Hall of Science.
- Pre-Dental Hygiene
- Pre-Mortuary Science
- Pre-Music Therapy
- Pre-Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Pre-Radiologic Technology
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine
Students interested in a program in Nursing should contact the UNMC College of Nursing-Kearney Division; students interested in dietetics should consult the Family and Consumer Science Department section of the catalog.
Students accepted into a professional school in the health sciences may receive a B.S. in Health Sciences degree from UNK if they fulfill the following requirements.
- Four major options are available:
- I. Medical Technology Comprehensive Option
- II. Radiography Comprehensive Option
- III. Respiratory Therapy Technology Comprehensive Option
- IV.Health Sciences Major
For further information on this degree option contact the office of Health-Related Education Programs.
- a. a minimum of 90 semester hours completed toward one of the pre-professional health programs presently listed in the catalog.
- b. completion of all general studies requirements prescribed by UNK.
- c. successful completion of 35 hours of coursework in a professional school in the health sciences.
- d. not less than 32 semester hours shall be UNK credits.