College of Business and Technology
Go directly to:
The Department of Accounting/Finance exists to provide University of Nebraska at
Kearney students with the accounting, finance, and legal knowledge necessary to compete in a global business environment.
Specifically, the Department:
- provides all students of the University preparing for careers in business the foundation knowledge in accounting, finance
and business law necessary to communicate in a business organization;
- provides accounting students preparing for careers in public practice, private industry, government, and not-for-profit
organizations a substantial foundation in accounting, as well as critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- provides finance students preparing for careers in corporate finance, banking, investment counseling, and government
financial services a substantial foundation in finance, as well as critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- All students graduating with a degree from the College of Business and Technology must take at least
50% of their major area credit hour requirements from the College of Business and Technology at the University of Nebraska at
- All students graduating with a degree from the College of Business and Technology must take a minimum of
30 of their last 36 hours of credit needed for their degree from the University of Nebraska at Kearney.
- All students graduating with a degree from the College of Business and Technology are required to complete
3 hours of designated Experiential Learning (EL) coursework.
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION MAJOR
The Department of Accounting/Finance offers two emphases in this major:
- Business Administration Comprehensive - Bachelor of Science Degree
(Select one Emphasis; two Emphases maximum)
For additional areas of emphasis see departments of Economics, Management,
and Marketing and Management Information Systems.
A minor in Accounting or Finance is available for students
pursuing majors in other disciplines.
Courses with the prefixes ACCT and FIN are offered by the
10 Oct 2012