General Studies Information
GENERAL STUDIES COURSES
I. FOUNDATIONAL CORE
DEMOCRACY IN PERSPECTIVE
3 hours required for General Studies credit.
The courses in this category are designed to develop and demonstrate the following abilities:
- Analyze the development of democratic governance in more than one setting.
- Explain the roles that democratic concepts, including individual rights, play in a just democracy.
- Analyze how citizens engage in democracy.
- Evaluate democratic practices across different dimensions (such as time, socioeconomic conditions, cultures, and political boundaries).
- CJUS 102GS, Crime, Democracy and Justice - 3 hours
- ENG 153GS, Democratic Vistas - 3 hours
- GEOG 223GS, Political Geography - 3 hours
- HIST 176GS, Democratic Debates - 3 hours
- JMC 100GS, Global Media Literacy - 3 hours
- PHIL 105GS, Philosophical Roots of American Democracy - 3 hours
- PSCI 140GS, Democracies around the World - 3 hours
- PSCI 170GS, Democracy as a Political Idea - 3 hours
- SOC 210GS, Participating in a Democratic Society - 3 hours
30 Apr 2010