College of Natural and Social Sciences
Go directly to:
The Chemistry program is on the American Chemical Society's list of approved programs.
- To prepare students to work as professional chemists;
- To prepare teachers in subject matter and in methods for the teaching of chemistry and
- To give a background in chemistry for students in biology, physics, family and consumer
sciences, earth science, and physical education;
- To furnish pre-professional work for those preparing for professional work in medicine,
dentistry, nursing, engineering, medical technology and other allied health areas;
- To prepare students for graduate work in chemistry.
Four options are available in this major:
- Professional Chemist's Comprehensive Option - Bachelor of Science
- Chemistry Option - Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Chemistry Comprehensive Option - Bachelor of Science
- Chemistry 7-12 Teaching Subject Endorsement Option -
Bachelor of Science in Education Degree
The minors in Chemistry and Environmental Science are available for students
pursuing majors in other disciplines.
The Department offers
the Pre-Food Science Program.
Courses with the prefix CHEM are offered by the
30 Apr 2009