Master of Science in Education Degree
This program is offered on campus only.
The school counseling program is accredited by Nebraska State Department of Education and the National Council for Accreditation
of Teacher Education (NCATE).
The following program meets the academic requirements for endorsement by the State Department of Education.
See School Counseling Program Mission and Objectives for more information specifically related to this program.
MSEd in School Counseling-Secondary (grades 7-12 endorsement) = 43 hours
- Required Courses (43 hours required)
- Take all of the following:
- CSP 802, Research Methods in Psychology and Education - 3 hours
- CSP 805**, Child and Adolescent Development and Interventions - 3 hours
- CSP 815**, Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues Counseling - 3 hour
- CSP 855, Techniques of Counseling - 3 hours
- CSP 856, Multicultural Counseling - 3 hours
- CSP 860, Theories of Counseling - 3 hours
- CSP 861P*, School Counseling Organization and Practice - 3 hours
- CSP 865, Group Counseling - 3 hours
- CSP 870, Marriage and Family Counseling - 3 hours
- CSP 875*, Career and Lifestyle Development - 3 hours
- CSP 880*, Appraisal and Evaluation of Individuals and Systems - 3 hours
- CSP 885, Practicum in Counseling and Guidance - 3 hours
- CSP 893*, Internship in School Counseling I - 2 hours
- CSP 894*, Internship in School Counseling II - 2 hours
- CSP 957**, Problem Solving Consultation - 3 hours
- * On-line or web based courses
- ** Blended courses, web based and on campus
See Counseling & School Psychology Program Information and Admission Requirements for more
information about the program.
22 Jun 2016