Master of Business Administration Degree
Generalist, Accounting, Marketing, Human Resources, Human Services Tracks
This program is offered on campus only.
- MBA Supporting Core (12-18 hours required)
- College Algebra (equivalent to MATH 102 at UNK)
- An undergraduate economics course (equivalent to ECON 100, ECON 270, or ECON 271 at UNK)
- Statistics (equivalent to MGT 233, STAT 241, or PSY 250 at UNK)
- Accounting/Finance Sequence
- Accounting I (equivalent to ACCT 250 at UNK)
- Accounting II (equivalent to ACCT 251 at UNK)
- Finance (equivalent to FIN 308 at UNK)
- Students may take ACCT 801 in lieu of ACCT 250, ACCT 251, and FIN 308.
- In addition, the Accounting Track requires the following prerequisites:
- ACCT 350, Intermediate Accounting I - 3 hours
- ACCT 351, Intermediate Accounting II - 3 hours
- ACCT 352, Cost Accounting - 3 hours
MBA = 30 hours*
- MBA Essential Core (15 hours required)
- Take all of the following:
- ACCT 858, Managerial Accounting Systems - 3 hours
- A student who has completed the equivalent of ACCT 350, ACCT 351, and ACCT 352 must substitute
another graduate level accounting course for ACCT 858.
- FIN 809, Financial Administration - 3 hours
- MGT 890, Leadership and Organizational Behavior - 3 hours
- MGT 892, Strategic Analysis & Decision Making - 3 hours
- MKT 856, Marketing Management Seminar - 3 hours
- MBA Track (15 hours required)**
* Some courses require completion of related prerequisites, increasing the number of credit hours to earn the
MBA. Please check course descriptions for details on the required prerequisites.
** In all the paired courses, which are designed with the suffix 'P' in their course-numbering, graduate
students are expected to involve themselves in much deeper scholarly activities by demonstrating thorough research of the subject
matter, and should assume a leadership role in the class, culminating in an educational experience far beyond that of their fellow
See Business Administration Program Information and Admission Requirements for more information
about the program.
13 Jun 2012