The resolution authorizing the State Colleges of Nebraska to offer graduate study and to grant advanced degrees was adopted by the Board of Trustees (then the Board of Education of State Normal Schools) at its regular meeting on September 23, 1955.
The Board of Trustees on July 14, 1972, authorized Kearney State College to offer programs of study at the Specialist Degree level. Accreditation for development of Specialist Degree programs was received from the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools* (NCA) on July 25, 1974.
Governance of programs, effective July 1, 1991, has become the province of the Board of Regents of the University of Nebraska, simultaneous with the institutional title change.
*230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411