International students interested in a campus-based program must pursue a specific educational objective to
attend UNK. They are not eligible to enroll under a general non-degree status. Degree seeking international students must meet the
following admission requirements:
- Submit the Graduate Online Application Form found at
- Submit an official credential evaluation of all transcripts or mark sheets from all previously attended colleges and
universities. Any approved NACES evaluation firm may be used:
www.naces.org/members.htm. Copies of a transcript or mark sheets must also
be submitted to the Graduate office.
- Have an educational background equivalent to a United States bachelor's degree;
- Submit a completed Financial Affidavit with proof of ability to meet financial
responsibilities while attending the University of Nebraska at Kearney.
- Submit an official TOEFL score (unless the native language is English, or the student has graduated from a U.S. college or
university). Score must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to the Office of Graduate Studies & Research.
- Comply with departmental admission requirements. (If submitting GRE or GMAT scores, the scores must be sent directly from the
Educational Testing Service to the Office of Graduate Studies & Research.)
It is recommended that international students begin the admission process six months prior to their anticipated arrival to allow
enough time for the credential evaluation process, department decision and if admitted, for documents to arrive in time to set visa
appointments. It is recommended that students interested in applying for a graduate assistantship position have a
completed application by April 15 to be considered for a position beginning in the fall term. See
graduate assistantship information. International students seeking an online degree program (who will
not be issued an I-20 by the campus) are not required to complete the financial affidavit.
27 Aug 2013