STANDARDS OF SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS POLICY FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
The University of Nebraska at Kearney is required to establish minimum academic standards that students must meet to be eligible or
maintain eligibility for federal financial aid. These standards apply to students who are receiving financial aid or who seek
financial aid in the future. Failure to meet these standards for two consecutive semesters (fall, spring, summer) means the student
is no longer eligible to receive financial aid.
The Qualitative Requirement for graduate students requires a minimum, cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
The quantitative requirements for graduate students are based upon enrollment status at the end of drop and add week at the start
of each semester. You must successfully complete the numbers of hours upon which financial aid was based OR for which financial aid
was awarded. Enrollment status and quantitative progress for graduate students are:
- Awarded as 1/2 time (4-5 hours) must complete a minimum of 4 hours
- Awarded as 3/4 time (6-8 hours) must complete a minimum of 6 hours
- Awarded as fulltime (9 or more) must complete a minimum of 9 hours
Additionally students have a maximum time frame for which they can receive aid. It is 150% of the required program hours as described in this catalog.
- To be counted as successfully completed or earned hours, the student must receive a grade of A, B, C or CR.
- Withdrawals (W), incompletes (I) or failures (F) are counted in the attempted hours but are NOT successfully completed or earned
For additional information regarding Satisfactory Academic Progress for graduate students contact the Office of Financial Aid.
25 Jun 2009