Offered by Department of Communication
College of Fine Arts and Humanities
- JMC 825P - Topics: Public Policy and the Media - 3 hours
- This course provides students with a systematic framework for ethical decision-making in mass communications. Ethics
theory is examined in combination with the practice of ethics commonly applied by media professionals including print
and broadcast news practitioners as well as those involved in the fields of public relations and advertising.
- JMC 860P - Mass Media and Society - 3 hours
- An examination of the theories, issues and controversies surrounding the mass media. Particular emphasis will be given
to press ethics, freedom, and media effects.
- JMC 899P - Topics - 3 hours
- Selected topics and problems of current interest considered in-depth. Classroom or on-line discussions, course projects or
research problems. Topics vary each semester depending on instructor; however, the purpose of the course is to offer an
opportunity for students to study either fresh topics of particular timeliness or standard topics in more theoretical depth than
appropriate in other existing courses.
14 Oct 2008