TUITION SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NON-RESIDENTS
Graduate Non-Resident Tuition Waiver Awards provide a tuition waiver for the difference between the nonresident and resident
tuition rates. Non-Resident Awards will be selected on a competitive basis as determined by the Dean of Graduate Studies & Research.
In this process, consideration will be given to: Undergraduate and graduate grade point average, entrance exams (GRE, GMAT, MAT or
other department approved procedures), letters of recommendation, under-represented minorities or students with special talents. The
Non-Resident Tuition Waiver is awarded according to the following terms:
- Student must be fully admitted to an advanced degree program and be currently residing in the state of Nebraska.
- Student has a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 for all previous work at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Use of the Non-Resident Tuition Waiver must begin the semester immediately following notification of receipt.
- All Non-Resident Awards are renewable based on continuation in good academic standing (GPA of 3.0 or higher) and progress
toward a degree.
- Renewals are based on academic performance and will be determined at the end of each academic year.
- Non-Resident Award winners are eligible to apply for all other scholarships which are applicable.
- The Non-Resident Tuition Waiver may be used for summer sessions.
- The Non-Resident Tuition Waiver will terminate if the recipient transfers to another institution.
- Failure to comply with the above guidelines will result in termination of the Non-Resident Tuition Waiver. Once the scholarship
is lost, it will not be reinstated.
- Award will not apply to online courses.
7 Dec 2006