International students are not eligible to enroll under non-degree status. Degree seeking international students must meet the
following admission requirements:
- Submit the International Student Application Form found at http://www.unk.edu/academics/gradstudies.aspx?id=945;
- Submit an official credential evaluation of all transcripts or mark sheets from all previously attended colleges and
universities. Any approved NACES evaluation firm may be used: http://www.naces.org/members.htm Official transcripts or mark sheets
must also be submitted to the Graduate office.
- Have an educational background equivalent to that required for United States citizens;
- Submit a completed Financial Affidavit with proof of ability to meet financial responsibilities while attending the University
of Nebraska at Kearney.
- Submit an official TOEFL score (unless the native language is English, or the student has graduated from a U.S. college or
university). Score must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to the Office of Graduate Studies & Research.
- Comply with departmental admission requirements. (If submitting GRE or GMAT scores, the scores must be sent directly from the
Educational Testing Service to the Office of Graduate Studies & Research.)
It is recommended that students begin the admission process six months prior to their anticipated arrival to allow enough time for
evaluation and notification of the admission decision. Application dead lines are as follows:
- Fall Admission - deadline is May 1*
- Spring Admission - deadline is October 1
- Summer Admission - deadline is March 1
*Students interested in graduate assistantships should apply earlier. See graduate assistantship information.
31 Jul 2009