General Studies Information
Across the range of disciplines and courses offered, the General Studies Program is designed to develop and
demonstrate the following abilities:
- Evaluate information appropriate to the task.
- Apply principles of critical thinking to demonstrate integrative learning.
- Communicate effectively in spoken form.
- Communicate effectively in written form.
- Analyze cultural issues within a global context.
- Evaluate in context significant concepts relating to democracy.
In addition to the six program-level outcomes noted above, there are specific outcomes in the major categories within the General
8 Apr 2010