College of Natural and Social Sciences
Go directly to:
The Chemistry program is on the American Chemical Society's list of approved programs.
- To prepare students to work as professional chemists;
- To prepare teachers in subject matter and in methods for the teaching of chemistry and related subjects;
- To give a background in chemistry for students in biology, physics, family and consumer sciences, earth science, and
- To furnish pre-professional work for those preparing for professional work in medicine, dentistry, nursing, engineering,
medical technology and other allied health areas;
- To prepare students for graduate work in chemistry.
Four options are available in this major:
- Professional Chemist's Comprehensive - Bachelor of Science Degree
- Chemistry - Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Chemistry Comprehensive - Bachelor of Science Degree
- Chemistry 7-12 Teaching Subject Endorsement - Bachelor of Science in Education Degree
The minors in Chemistry and Environmental Science are
available for students pursuing majors in other disciplines.
Courses with the prefix CHEM are offered by the department.
7 May 2013