Professional Teaching Certificate Option -
Supplemental Endorsement in Driver Education
Students must complete two Teaching Subject Endorsements or one Field Endorsement in
addition to this Supplemental Endorsement.
- Minimum required for endorsement = 13
- 1. A teaching certificate with an endorsement in another subject field.
- 2. A Nebraska driver's license.
- 3. A minimum driving record of two years and 20,000 miles free from repeated chargeable
accidents and/or traffic violations.
- 4. Coursework.
- Take all the following
(Must be completed with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.):
- PE 260GS, First Aid, Responding to Emergencies - 2 hours
- SFED 235GS, General Safety Education - 3 hours
- SFED 330, Traffic Safety Education I - 3 hours
- SFED 331, Traffic Safety Education II - 3 hours
- SFED 438, Teaching the Use of the Multiple Vehicle
Range - 1 hour
- SFED 439, Teaching Simulator Instruction - 1 hour