College of Natural and Social Sciences
GEOGRAPHY AND EARTH SCIENCE
Go directly to:
- Gordon Bennett, Chair
- Associate Professors: S. Becker, Dart, Lind
Assistant Professors: Bennett, L. Becker
- To acquaint students with the relationships that exist between people and the earth.
- To develop an appreciation for: the Physical Earth and the processes affecting it; the effect of human habitation of the earth on a regional scale and its interrelationships with the Physical Earth; and the factors and processes affecting human activities and their distribution over the surface of the earth.
- To offer courses which lead to the preparation of teachers of geography and earth science on the elementary and secondary levels.
Three major options are available:
- I. Geography Option - Bachelor of Arts Degree or
Geography Option - Bachelor of Science Degree
II. Geography Comprehensive Option - Bachelor of Science Degree
III. Geography Teaching Subject Endorsement Option - Bachelor of Arts in Education or
- Agriculture Emphasis
Geography Teaching Subject Endorsement Option - Bachelor of Science in Education
A Geography minor is available for students pursuing majors in other disciplines
See also the interdisciplinary major in Tourism and Travel, in the Department of Health, Physical Education and Recreation.
Geography participates in the Social Science Teaching Field Endorsement .
Courses with the prefix GEOG are offered by the department.