University of Nebraska at Kearney
College of Natural and Social Sciences
1994-96 UNK Undergraduate Catalog
Department of Chemistry
The Chemistry program is on the American Chemical Society's list of approved programs.
- James Roark, Chair
- Professors: Blickensderfer, Kaufman, Krishnan, Kuecker, Roark, Sterner, Swanson
- Associate Professor: Clark
- Assistant Professors: Chen, Dodson
- Go to Chemistry Major or
- list of course descriptions.
To prepare students to work as professional chemists;
To prepare teachers in subject matter and in methods for the teaching of chemistry and related subjects;
To give a background in chemistry for students in biology, physics, family and consumer sciences, earth science, and physical education;
To furnish pre-professional work for those preparing for professional work in medicine, dentistry, nursing, engineering, medical technology and other allied health areas;
To prepare students for graduate work in chemistry.
The minor in Chemistry is available for students pursuing majors in other disciplines.
- Five major options are available:
- I. Professional Chemist's Option-Bachelor of Arts Degree or
- Professional Chemist's Option-Bachelor of Science Degree
- II. Chemistry Option-Bachelor of Arts Degree or
- Chemistry Option-Bachelor of Science Degree
- III. Chemistry Comprehensive Option-Bachelor of Science Degree
- IV. Molecular Biology Option-Bachelor of Science Degree
- V. Chemistry Teaching Subject Endorsement Option-Bachelor of Science in Education Degree