College of Natural and Social Sciences
Go directly to:
- To acquaint students with the relationships that exist between people and the earth.
- To develop an appreciation for the Earth and the natural processes affecting it, the effect of human habitation of the
earth on a regional scale and its interrelationships with the Physical Earth, and the factors and processes affecting human
activities and their distribution over the surface of the earth.
- To offer courses which lead to the preparation of teachers of geography and earth science on the elementary and secondary
- To provide educational opportunities that contribute to professional careers in the Geographic sciences.
Three options are available in this major:
- Geography - Bachelor of Arts Degree
or Geography - Bachelor of Science Degree
- Geography and GIScience - Bachelor of Science Degree
- Geography 7-12 Teaching Subject Endorsement - Bachelor of Arts in Education Degree
Environmental Science, Geography, and
GIScience minors are available to students pursuing majors in other disciplines or programs.
Courses with the prefix GEOG are offered by the department.
Geography participates in the Social Science 7-12 Teaching Field
19 May 2016