General Studies Information
GENERAL STUDIES COURSES
I. FOUNDATIONAL CORE
3 hours required for General Studies credit.
The courses in this category are designed to develop and demonstrate the following abilities:
- Apply mathematical logic to solve equations.
- Describe problems using mathematical language.
- Solve problems given in mathematical language using mathematical or statistical tools.
- Interpret numerical data or graphical information using mathematical concepts and methods.
- Construct logical arguments using mathematical language and concepts.
- Use mathematical software effectively.
Students with sufficient preparation may receive General Studies credit for Mathematics & Statistics
courses taken at a level higher than those courses listed above.
MATH 090, MATH 101 and MATH 104 do not count as General Studies.
30 Apr 2010