General Studies Information
GENERAL STUDIES COURSES
IV. CAPSTONE COURSE
3 hours required for General Studies credit.
The courses in this category are designed to develop and demonstrate the following abilities:
- Evaluate information from more than one academic discipline.
- Formulate logical connections between disciplines as they relate to the topic.
- Employ the approach of more than one academic discipline in completing a Capstone project.
- Synthesize knowledge related to the topic in completing a Capstone project.
- Communication effectively in the medium chosen for the Capstone project.
Students may take any course numbered 388 in any department to satisfy the capstone requirement.
The Capstone is open to juniors and seniors, and to students within 6 hours of completion of their General
For an approved list of Capstone topics, see
14 May 2010