All course work assigned must be completed before a grade is awarded. The mark of "I" (Incomplete) is reserved for conditions in which a student has been unable, due to circumstances beyond his/her control, to complete the course by the end of the term. Unless an extension of time is granted in writing by the Office of Student Records and Registration, an incomplete must be removed within twelve calendar months. If the coursework is not completed during this time then the "I" will convert to an "F" on the student's transcript and cannot be changed other than by re-registering for the course.

If an extension is desired, the student must initiate a written request for a specific time of extension, must exhibit extenuating circumstances beyond his/her control, and must make the request in advance of the twelve-month expiration. The request must be supported by a written endorsement from the course instructor, or the department chairperson in the absence of the instructor, and submitted to the Office of Student Records and Registration prior to the expiration of the twelve month period.

03 Feb 2005