- Application for a degree must be made either through the Student's MyBLUE account or at the Office of Student Records and
- Students must have all degree requirements completed prior to participating in a commencement ceremony.
- A student planning to be graduated at the end of the first semester must make application no later than September 15; one
planning to be graduated at the end of the second semester must make application no later than February 1; and one planning to
be graduated at the end of the summer session must make application no later than June 15.
- Students applying on or before the above deadlines will be assessed a $25 Graduation Fee. Applications received after the
above dates and until October 7 for Fall commencement, February 15 for Spring commencement and June 30 for summer will be
assessed a $40 Graduation Fee. Students wishing to apply for candidacy after the second deadline must appeal to a review board
consisting of the Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs and the College Dean.
- All incomplete grades and all academic obligations outside of the term's work must be resolved prior to the date of graduation
or other arrangements must be approved by the Office of Student Records and Registration to allow the student to continue with
the graduation process. A student must be enrolled in all remaining course work required for the degree in order to be considered
for candidacy. If all degree requirements are not completed by the anticipated graduation date, then the student must re-apply
and again pay the $25 fee in order to graduate.
- The catalog in effect at the time of initial enrollment determines degree requirements. Students must fulfill the requirements
stated in that catalog or they may elect to substitute the requirements in any subsequent catalog published while they are
enrolled at UNK. All requirements for a student's program of study must be from a single catalog.
- If a student takes longer than five calendar years to complete a degree, UNK reserves the right to require the student to
meet the most recent requirements for graduation. Curriculum changes or modifications require that all new program requirements
be met regardless of course work previously completed.
12 Feb 2010