General Studies Information
GENERAL STUDIES COURSES
VIII. CAPSTONE COURSE (this course is in development)
(Up to 1 semester hour counts as General Studies credit.)
In addition to those objectives required of all General Studies courses, students will:
- demonstrate an ability to locate and gather information from more than one academic discipline.
- demonstrate an ability to use knowledge, approaches, and methods drawn from more than one academic discipline.
- create a project or paper that presents a synthesis of knowledge on a specific topic and its related issues.
- demonstrate an ability to make connections between different disciplines as they relate to the topic.
- demonstrate effective communication skills in the medium chosen for the project or paper.
12 Dec 2007