College of Natural and Social Sciences
Go directly to:
- To contribute to the student's development as a liberally-educated person,
not only by a broad exposure to political theory and practice, but also by
encouragement of intellectual curiosity and critical thinking;
- To prepare students for graduate studies or professional studies in political science,
public administration, international affairs, or law;
- To prepare students for careers in politics and government, survey research, journalism,
and some aspects of business such as public relations, marketing and lobbying.
POLITICAL SCIENCE MAJOR
Three options are available in this major:
- Political Science Option - Bachelor of Arts Degree
or Political Science Option - Bachelor of Science Degree
- Public Administration Option - Bachelor of Science Degree
- Political Science 7-12 Teaching Subject Endorsement Option -
Bachelor of Arts in Education Degree
The Political Science major may take the form of a General BA or BS degree in Political
Science or one of two career-oriented concentrations; majors are strongly encouraged to
consider their career interests in choosing one of these options.
Minors in Political Science and Public
Administration are available for students pursuing majors in other disciplines and program, especially business,
journalism, philosophy, economics, sociology, social work, and criminal justice.
Political Science participates in the Social Science 7-12 Teaching Field Endorsement.
A Pre-Law Program is available within the Political Science Department and
all pre-law students including those choosing not to major in Political Science, are invited to seek the assistance
of the department's pre-law advisors.
Courses with the prefix PSCI are offered by the department.
4 Aug 2008