- Application for a degree must be made either through the Student's WebEASI account or at the
Office of Student Records and Registration.
- Students must have all degree requirements completed prior to participating in a commencement
- A student planning to be graduated at the end of the first semester must make
application no later than September 15; one planning to be graduated at the end of the
second semester must make application no later than February 1; and one planning to be
graduated at the end of the summer session must make application no later than June 15.
- Students applying on or before the above deadlines will be assessed a $25 Graduation
Fee. Applications received after the above dates and until October 7 for Fall
commencement, February 15 for Spring commencement and June 30 for summer will be assessed
a $40 Graduation Fee. Students wishing to apply for candidacy after the second deadline
must appeal to a review board consisting of the Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic
Affairs and the College Dean.
- All incomplete grades and all academic obligations outside of the term's work must be
resolved prior to the date of graduation or other arrangements must be approved by the
Office of Student Records and Registration to allow the student to continue with the
graduation process. A student must be enrolled in all remaining course work required for
the degree in order to be considered for candidacy. If all degree requirements are not
completed by the anticipated graduation date, then the student must re-apply and again pay
the $25 fee in order to graduate.
- The catalog in effect at the time of initial enrollment determines degree requirements.
Students must fulfill the requirements stated in that catalog or they may elect to
substitute the requirements in any subsequent catalog published while they are enrolled at
UNK. All requirements for a student's program of study must be from a single catalog.
- If a student takes longer than five calendar years to complete a degree, UNK reserves
the right to require the student to meet the most recent requirements for graduation.
Curriculum changes or modifications require that all new program requirements be met
regardless of course work previously completed.
18 Jan 2008