Memorial Student Affairs Building (308) 865-8932
Academic Advising is an important part of an
undergraduate's educational experience. All students at UNK are assigned an
advisor to assist them throughout their academic careers. A student's academic
advisor can provide him or her with assistance for:
- Class selection and scheduling
- Information about careers and/or graduate school
- Finding UNK resources needed to succeed
All students are required to see their
advisors before they can register each semester. Students are strongly
encouraged to consult with their advisor any time there
are questions or concerns.
The Academic Advising Office assists current and
prospective students in a variety of ways:
- Deciding students (those without a major) are advised
through the Advising Office.
- Students who want to change or declare their major,
minor, or endorsement, or change their advisor need to contact this office.
- Students who want to discuss their options for
changing majors can come to the Advising Office.
- The Advising Office also provides a number of academic
support programs for students including:
- The Early Warning Referral system that allows faculty to
notify students of poor academic performance.
- Personal phone calls to students on Academic Probation
to provide advice and support.
- The Partners Achieving Student Success (P.A.S.S. )
program which allows students and their parents or guardians to partner for
11 May 2006