The University of Nebraska Foundation is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages private gifts to supplement student and faculty support, academic programs and facilities of the University of Nebraska. The NU Foundation, with offices in Kearney, Lincoln, Omaha, and Scottsbluff, was established in 1936 and provides a way for individuals and organizations to support the University.
The Kearney office was added on July 1, 1992, when the NU Foundation merged with the Kearney State College Foundation. The KSC Foundation was founded in 1959 when a group of eight Nebraska citizens acted on their commitment to higher education and concern for the future. This merger provides greater private support for the students and faculty of UNK.
Private gifts donated to the Foundation significantly enhance the University and its students by providing the margin of excellence necessary to supplement the basic support of state funding. Some of these funds provide scholarships, distinguished professorships, professional chairs and visiting lectureships. Other Foundation funds assist with recruiting efforts and support services needed by campus organizations, alumni programs and each college.
For further information, contact University of Nebraska Foundation, 214 W. 39th, P.O. Box 2678, Kearney; 68848-2678; phone: 308-865-8272.
11 May 2006